Now get consolidated eTDS file from NSDL
- Non availability of original statement FVU file
- Non availability of updated FVU file after incorporating corrections
NSDL has now started this facility of downloading latest TDS/TCS consolidated statement , incorporating all updates done via correction statements
Pre-requisite for requesting TDS/TCS statement online.
- Online request for TDS/TCS statement can be made only on successful registration of TAN (creating TAN registration account) at TIN website.
- Register TAN online at TIN website. For registering TAN click link ‘Online TAN Registration’
Steps to be followed for placing the request of consolidated TDS/TCS statement
- Login to TAN Registration Account with user id, password and TAN.
- On successful login, under option TDS/TCS, select option “Request- Consolidated TDS/TCS statement”.
- Request for consolidated TDS / TCS statement can be made for your TAN only.
- On clicking the aforementioned option, provide details of statement as below for which consolidated file is required:
- Provisional Receipt Number of regular
- Form no.
- Financial Year
- On successful validation of the above details, two questions related to the TDS/TCS statement requested will be asked as a part of verification.
- On successful verification of answers to the aforementioned two questions, request number will be generated and the consolidated TDS/TCS statement will be e-mailed to the user on the email ID provided on TAN registration within 24 hours.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS statement will be available only if correct answers are provided to the questions for verification.
- Two attempts within a day will be provided to correctly answer the verification questions.
- In case of two unsuccessful attempts within a day for the same statement, request for such statement can be placed on next day.
- In case of large number of records in the TDS/TCS statement requested, the statement will be split in multiple files owing to restriction of mail size.
- In case TDS/TCS statement is split in multiple files then each file will be sent by separate e-mail.
Using Consolidated TDS/TCS statement for preparing correction statement
Consolidated TDS/TCS statement provided will be
in compressed form.
- Extension of the consolidated TDS/TCS statement will be .tds
- In case of single file, extract the content of the file by providing password to the file.
- In case of multiple files, merge the files using FMU and then extract the contents of the merged file by providing password.
- After extracting the consolidated TDS/TCS statement, import the same in the return preparation utility for making any correction
The facility provided by NSDL will go a long way in
helping deductors file correction statements in
organized and better manner.
The process of registration is simple but considering
security every mail attachment from NSDL comes
with password protection. This will require deductor
to keep track of TAN registration number till it is
The process of placing request for consolidated
statement , again is little complex for the sake of
security. We placed one request and we were asked
two questions . One was to fill up PAN and deductee
amount in respect of 5 deductees. Second question
was to fill up Challan Sr No , date and amount.
The statement arrived via email within 24 hours as