Home » TDS » eTDS Correction » Now get consolidated eTDS file from NSDL

Now get consolidated eTDS file from NSDL

Deductors are required to file eTDS statement every quarter. Any error/ omission in original statement filed
has to be rectified by filing a correction statement. It was possible to file multiple correction statement in
respect of one original return, however this was not happening because of the following reasons
  • Non availability of original statement FVU file
  • Non availability of updated FVU file after incorporating corrections

NSDL has now started this facility of downloading latest TDS/TCS consolidated statement , incorporating all updates done via correction statements

Pre-requisite for requesting TDS/TCS statement online.

• Online request for TDS/TCS statement can be made only on successful registration of TAN (creating TAN registration account) at TIN website.
  • Register TAN online at TIN website. For registering TAN click link ‘Online TAN Registration’

Steps to be followed for placing the request of consolidated TDS/TCS statement

• Login to TAN Registration Account with user id, password and TAN.
  • On successful login, under option TDS/TCS, select option “Request- Consolidated TDS/TCS statement”.
  • Request for consolidated TDS / TCS statement can be made for your TAN only.
  • On clicking the aforementioned option, provide details of statement as below for which consolidated file is required:

1. Provisional Receipt Number of regular
  2. statement
  3. Form no.
  4. Quarter
  5. Financial Year

• On successful validation of the above details, two questions related to the TDS/TCS statement requested will be asked as a part of verification.
  • On successful verification of answers to the aforementioned two questions, request number will be generated and the consolidated TDS/TCS statement will be e-mailed to the user on the email ID provided on TAN registration within 24 hours.
  • Consolidated TDS/TCS statement will be available only if correct answers are provided to the questions for verification.
  • Two attempts within a day will be provided to correctly answer the verification questions.
  • In case of two unsuccessful attempts within a day for the same statement, request for such statement can be placed on next day.
  • In case of large number of records in the TDS/TCS statement requested, the statement will be split in multiple files owing to restriction of mail size.
  • In case TDS/TCS statement is split in multiple files then each file will be sent by separate e-mail.

Using Consolidated TDS/TCS statement for preparing correction statement

Consolidated TDS/TCS statement provided will be

in compressed form.

• Extension of the consolidated TDS/TCS statement will be .tds
  • In case of single file, extract the content of the file by providing password to the file.
  • In case of multiple files, merge the files using FMU and then extract the contents of the merged file by providing password.
  • After extracting the consolidated TDS/TCS statement, import the same in the return preparation utility for making any correction

Conclusion

The facility provided by NSDL will go a long way in

helping deductors file correction statements in

organized and better manner.

The process of registration is simple but considering

security every mail attachment from NSDL comes

with password protection. This will require deductor

to keep track of TAN registration number till it is

activated.

The process of placing request for consolidated

statement , again is little complex for the sake of

security. We placed one request and we were asked

two questions . One was to fill up PAN and deductee

amount in respect of 5 deductees. Second question

was to fill up Challan Sr No , date and amount.

The statement arrived via email within 24 hours as

promised

49 Comments

1. Bhimsenacharya says:

I am Working in NEKRTC wherein more than 2500 employees are working. Out of which more than 800 people come under Tax net. In the changed scenario, It is, indeed a true that, it has become a big problem for us in getting the Form 16, 16 A generated from the computer. It is still more problem in get it corrected as and when requires to be corrected. I have been with Tax work for the last four years, the system of Tax filing, correction, Form 16 , made very much complexity. Why cannot be made easier and user friendly.

2. Myana Ajay says:

what is the procedure of offline tds consolidate file request

3. sonali didwaniya says:

sir,
    I got tdc consolidated file in my rpu software and now i want to make changes in it then how am able to do this?

4. S.THEYAGARAJAN says:

there is not tds payment made. But we have file Nil tds return. How to register tan registration. Three pan nos. and corresponding payment unable to enter how to make tan registration.

• We cant do online TAN registration If NIL return is filed

• S.THEYAGARAJAN says:

sir,
        Earlier while filing the tds return is Nil. After auditing we pay some tds. Hence, we want to Tan Registration and down the tds consolidated file. Then we have to make correction return and issue
        form 16A. What is the new procedure to Tan Registration for the Nil return filed already.

• you will have to use the data of some other quarter which is having entries to do the TAN registration, after registration you can download the consolidated file of the nil return quarter

5. S.THEYAGARAJAN says:

I download the tds consolidated file. What is the password for extract the same as text file to enable to
    file the revised return

6. SUNDARAM.V.V says:

For Q3 TDS Return Which RPU file I want to download , Weather 3.1 or 3.6

V.V.S.Iyer

7. SUNDARAM.V.V says:

For Q3 TDS Return, Which RPU Version want to use. Weather 3.1 or 3.5.

V.V.S.Iyer

8. SUNDARAM.V.V says:

What is mean by Imported Consolidated TDS/TCS File.
    Note: First time iam doing TDS Return. I know its a simple question. Bit u want to know the full details about this above i mentioned the topic. Can you tell me the way to refine.
    Sundaram Iyer

• Consolidated Tds/Tcs file is required if you are doing a revised return / correction return. while doing a revised return, you have to show what was the earlier filed value and the changes that you are doing, the earlier filed value is available in the consolidated tds file that you download from the NSDL site.

9. Vikas Dhyani says:

Dear Sir,
    i am unable to download the tds consolidated fuv file. because i havn’t the detail of Ist Quarter TDS Return (Includes Token No. Mentioned on TDS Return. Receipt No. & Date of filing of Return). So tell Me How Could i Download the Consolidated file for the Ist Quarter of Financial Year .2011-12

Sir I Humbly request you to please solve my query at the earliest.

MY TAN NO. IS :- JLDV00024D

• Anand Dhyani says:

Dear Mr. Dhyani go to NSDL centre where you have filed the return and request to take another provisional receipt on basis of TAN only for such period.

for excel data : search .txt and .FVU file in your system and upload in software.

• SUNDARAM.V.V says:

Dear Sir,
        Here iam using RPU version 3.1 , But our Correction statemet is as on 2011-2012.So which RPU version i want to use , Old version or updated version.

Sundaram Iyer

10. dear Sir,

we have requested to you, which version used in e-TDS /Tcs file for 3.3 or 3.4 in 4th qtr 26Q & 24Q for F.Y 2011-2012,we have not understood consolidated file path in version 3.3,please advice.

11. Sainu says:

All these play are intended to help the consultants. Why so much passwords and complicatons.

12. V LAKSHMI NARAYANAN says:

I misplace orginal provisional receipt how can i get orginal provisonal receipt is necessary, for filing revised return. (if necessary how can i get but know RRR No)

13. tukaram says:

sir after putting user id and password its shwing its not correct so i m unable to place my request for consolidated statement for correction statement. pl guide me in this regard and oblige.

14. priyank says:

sir plz tell me the procedure of correction after getting TDS/TCS consolidated.tds file.
    i am unable to import from .tds file so plz explain the procedure plz.

15. pawan says:

i requested for consolidated .tds file, for a firm. The form asked for the challan details of the particular quarter, which i provided correctly, but the challan has only one corresponding annexure detail, i.e. the firm deducted tds only for a single party with the same amount as in challan.
    When i entered the details for that party, the error it showed was – ‘Please enter 3 distinct PAN’s and corresponding amount’.
    As there is only single party with single tds transaction, i am unable to provide, 3 distinct particulars. I even tried to enter the details 3 times but in vain.
    It is showing such error again and again on every trial.
    I am facing such problem regarding 6 firms all having the similar conditions as above.
    Kindly provide me with the solution as earliest.

16. Vidya Rattan Sachdev says:

I am unable to extract the Consolidated TDS file

17. Jagan says:

I want make Correction in 26Q TDS for the A/Y 2007-08, Unfortunately i missed the data , how can i make correction now ?

18. Deepak says:

when i use consolidated file in my software,then message is show This database file is already in use ! , i could not understand this massege, pls reply

19. Rajib Chakraborty says:

Dear Sir,
    I am unable to download the consolidated statement. I have only 2 deductees, but on providing the data for 2 the system is not accepting the submission. So I am unable to get it corrected.

Thanking you,
    Yours’ faithfully

RAJIB CHAKRABORTY

20. Amita says:

HI, I REVISED Q4 RETURN AFTER DOWNLOADING CONSOLIDATION FILE FROM NSDL. BUT AGAIN IN REVISED RETURN I COMMITED MISTAKE IN DEDUCTEE SHEET. I HAD NOT GIVEN THE PROPER CHALLAN REFERENCE IN DEDUCTEE SHEET. SO PLEASE HELP ME, WHETHER I CAN REVISED THE RETURN AGAIN?

21. Dharmendra says:

I HAVE 2.292 VER. CREATE CORRECTION BUT WHEN I WAS USING THIS THE ERROR WAS FOUND THAT “PLEASE SELECT THE PROPER FILE” WHERE I WAS SELECT FVU FILE BUT STIL PROBLEM SHOW

22. R.K.Nair says:

we are unable to download consolidated file and not for corection
    pl. advise how we can correct the statement? q4 and q3

23. vandana chaddha says:

i forget my 12 digit tan registration no. how i find it

24. Premkumar says:

Hi All,

We registered the TAN in TIN website and got the TAN registration number. However, now we are not able to find the TAN Registration number and our TAN account login password is locked after three attempts.

Please suggest for the following
    1. How do I reset my TAN login password as I don’t have 12 digit TAN registration number
    2. How do I get the 12 digit TAN registration number
    3. How do I block id someone locks my TAN using our TAN number

25. Devendra Garg says:

I am facing the problem to import tds file into the software after getting from Tin-nsdl sites. pls tell us the procedure

26. Devendra Garg says:

sir i am unable to import from .tds file. pls explain the procedure

27. lakshmi narayana panda says:

28. velu says:

i want the software

29. Kannan says:

I ALREADY PREPARED 15CA & 15CB AND SUBMITTED TO BANK. IN THE MEANTIME, I HAVE TO FILE 15CA AND FILE FORMAT OF 15CA TO UPLOAD TO NSDL. PLEASE ADVICE.

30. RAKESH K MILWANI says:

IT IS ONE OF THE WORST METHOD ADOPTED. IT HAS TO BE APPRECIATED THAT TAX PAYMENT AND PROCEDURE SHOULD BE SIMPLE SO THAT THE ASSESSEE IS NOT BURNDENED WITH COMPLEX FORMALITIES. THIS PROCEDURE BURDENS ASSESSEE WITH SUCH COMPLEX FORMALITIES THAT HE WOULD RATHER AVOID DOING NECESSARY CORRECTIONS AND FACE QUERIES OF INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT THAN CORRECTING THE FILE

• santosh kumar says:

i am unable to import from .tds file so plz explain the procedure plz.

• Nagnedra says:

Dear Santosh Kumar Please log in Traces first then after There is a statement/Payments under this last one that is Request for NSDL consol File then …you will give the Related details all once the same is complete request No system Generate.
        After sucessful request submission you can check the Downloads option then click view all buttion details avalable how many request is there if the request is Submitted status one day time taken “Available” status then you can down load the Consolidated file.
        After the same file you can enter the TAN No _Requst ID No will exctract the same .File available.
        You can update after the correct details in place off wrong details..update and file the same.