Form 16A for FY 2012-13 : Only from TIN Web Site
In respect of each deduction made on or after 01-04-2012, every type of deductor will have to download Form 16A file from TIN web site and then issue the same to deductees.
Form 16A for Financial Year 2012-13
- CBDT has issued Circular 01/2012 in respect of issue of Form 16A for FY 2012-13.
- Every deductor has to now issue Form 16A which are generated through TIN system and downloaded from TIN web site.
- This is applicable even to Government deductors who deposit TDS in the central government account through book entry.
Form 16A for Financial Year 2011-12
- CBDT had issued Circular 03/2011 on May 13, 2011
- For the following categories of deductors, it is mandatory to download Form 16A from TIN Web Site and issue such downloaded certificates to deductees : Companies , Banks and Co-operative society engaged in banking business
- For other deductors, it is optional to download Form 16A from TIN Web site
Procedure for downloading Form 16A from TIN-Web site
This procedure is already explained in our previous blog .