Home » Form 16A » TRACES : Download and Print Form 16A

TRACES : Download and Print Form 16A

Now onwards, Form 16A text file will be available at TRACES web site only.

It is presumed that you have already registered on TRACES web site. If not , please read http://blog.ffcs.in/2012/12/27/traces-deductor-registration-and-login/

When will Form 16A file be available?

• Form 16A text file will be available only after you have submitted regular statement in Form 26Q/27Q and the same has been processed at TDS CPC
  • Form 16A files are available from FY 2007-08 onwards

Steps to download Form 16A file

1. Login with your UserId and Password
  2. In the main menu ,click Downloads->Form 16A
  3. You can either download file for all PANs or for selected PANs. For all PANs ,you need to select FY and Quarter. For Selected PANs, you have to select PANs from the given list.
  4. Validation Screen will appear. Enter validation details. This will also generate an authentication code.
  5. Details of authorized signatory will be picked up from “profile” and displayed
  6. Click Submit
  7. File will be available in Download->Requested Downloads

Downloading Form 16A text File

• Click Download->Requested Downloads
  • Search option 1 is Request Number . Search Option 2 is Request Date.  Enter requisite details and click “View All”
  • All requests will be displayed. Click on the desired row
  • Download file either thru HTTP Download or thru Download Manager. HTTP Download is for smaller files while Download Manager is useful for large files and has the capability of resuming download in case of interruption

Entering Validation details

• Enter Token Number for the Form type displayed on the screen. For this you must have acknowledgement copy ready
  • Non-Government Deductors must enter Challan Identification Details . The details must pertain to the selected FY, Quarter and Form
  • Amount must be entered in 2 decimal places.
  • Government deductors must enter BIN details
  • Enter any three PAN and Amounts from the CIN/ BIN details. If the number of PANs in the given CIN/BIN is less than three, then enter all such details i.e. one or two
  • Click Proceed. An authentication code will be generated
  • If for some reason , you need to submit request for download again , you will not be asked to enter validation details again. In such case, you can simply enter “authentication code” and proceed.

Downloading PDF Generator

• Download PDF Generator from Quick Links under Deductor Tab
  • If your download is not complete or hangs, try again
  • The downloaded file is a zip file. Unzip it and Run. This will install the utility
  • Run the Utility
  • Please make sure that you have the latest version of PDF generator. As of writing this blog, the version is 1.1. dated Jan 18, 2013

Printing/ Generating Form 16A PDF files

• After you have downloaded PDF Generator and Form 16A text file, run PDF Geneator
  • Select Form 16A text file in zip format. Do not unzip it
  • Enter TAN as password
  • Select Folder where Form 16A PDFs will be saved
  • Select Digital Signature file, if you want to digitally sign your Form 16A
  • Click Proceed
  • Separate PDF will be generated for each PAN in the selected folder

Frequently Asked Questions

Q : While entering Validation details for downloading Form 16A text file, I am getting “invalid details”

A : Unfortunately , TRACES is not giving exact cause of error. The possible causes can be:

• You are entering amount without decimal places
  • You have entered incorrect CIN details
  • You have entered correct CIN details, but they do not pertain to the given FY, Quarter and Form
  • You have entered incorrect PAN/Amount details
  • You have entered correct PAN/Amount details, but they do not pertain to given CIN

Q : I am not able to download PDF Generator. It interrupts or gives error messages “Download interrupted”

A :  The only solution is to try again or try on a PC having better internet connectivity

Q : While generating Form 16A PDF file thru PDF Generator, I am getting message “input file is tempered”

A :  Download Form 16A file has a checksum and you may have tried to open it in notepad and edited it. Download again and do not edit anything in the file.

43 Comments

1. ishwar prasad singh says:

When I filed my return online for refund for any 2013-14 against TDS deducted illegally by special land acquisition office, Muzaffarpur without mentioning my pan , the CPC mailed me that 26as not matched…. How can noe I be able to enter my pan against my TDs deducted so far so that it can b matched in 26as n get my refund back ?

2. devdass says:

Is it mandatory to print form on both side of the sheet or can we give in separate two papers to our employees?

3. Umesh Chauhan says:

We have deducted ( late ) TDS for Q-3 F.Y.2012-13 on 5.7.13 and deposited on 5.7.13 and filed revised return on 25.7.13 ( due date was 15.1.13) . Now I am not getting Form 16 A from Traces (on 15.12.13)

4. ram says:

HI I AM GETTING INCORRECT PASSWORD WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN FORM 16A EVEN THROUGH I AM ENTERING TAN NO.CORRECTLY CAN ANY BODY SUGGEST ANY SOLUTION

• dipa says:

same problem here like ram, please reply , its not generation into form 16a, and its shows me download again from traces

• ADV SAMEERKUMAR GUPTA says:

DEAR DIPA
        PL TRY TO OPEN THE BLANK NOTEPAD THEN WRITE YOUR PASSWORD i.e. TAN IN CAPITAL LETTER AND THEN COPY AND PASTE THE SAME, PL COUNT THE TAN SHALL BE OF 10 DIGITS ONLY AT THE PASSWORD AREA, IT IS THE ANOTHER WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

• Password for Form 26AS PDF / text / excel file is Date of Birth / Date of Incorporation as printed on PAN card. Enter date in ddmmyyyy format to open file (e.g., for 10-Oct-2012, enter as 10102012).

The instructions for password is mentioned in
      https://services.tdscpc.gov.in/serv/tapn/view26AS.xhtml# under the “HELP” button.

• Balvant says:

Hi Aniruddha, The password problem is solved. I typed my dob as 22112014 and it was done.. Thanks

5. CA Dipika says:

I am facing Problem while downloading. it ask for P12 file. what does it m ean ?? i have Class 2 digital certificate. but still it is not helping me.

6. NEW INDIA I IMAGING IND PVT LTD says:

I HAVE RECD INTIMATION U/S 200A BY TDS TRACES FOR RS 140/- AS INTEREST ON LATE PAYMENT OUR COMPNAY TAN NO. BUT IT IS NOT SHOWN TDS DEDUCTION SECTION SO HOW IT IS FIND OUT & WHAT IS THE PASSWORD TO OPEN JUSTIFIATION REPORT

• CA Reddy says:

U/s 200A there is also the amounts and challan date in the notice on page 2 Verify that amount in TIN-NSDL to detect Section And to open the justification report

7. RAVI Kant says:

During filling of 24Q by mistake we forget to put One of our pensioner
    PAN no. in Annexure-II and then we filed the correction file in May13.
    But we are unable to download Form 16 of that PAN No. although he can see
    its 26AS and the Tax were credited in his PAN only.

Plz advise to downloaad form 16 of that PAN.

8. Bharat Gupta says:

Dear Sir,

i have requested for justification report for FY 2012-13 but status is showing as not available and we had a talk with TDS -CPC call centre and they said that justification report is uploaded into system in case where notice is served to deductor by TDS department so pl. advise that is it true as said by call centre

If not so, then what type of action i have to take????

Regards
    Bharat

9. KPPL says:

Thank you very much! I was able to find password for the zip file following your procedures.

• mohit says:

Sir can u plz help me out i hv downloaded the foam 16b bt nw that downloaded file wants password. wat is the password for that??

10. rajesh prasad says:

Sir,
    I have download form 16, total is complete but every time is shows Invalid part 1 and part 2?
    How can download the 16A & 16

11. priya desai says:

How to take the digital sign and how to download digital signature certificates in Form NO 16A and Form no 16
    In Form No16 PART A is not present incase of certificates which is download from traces?

12. Subhojit Ghosh says:

how to download form 16a for correction statement from traces. Pls help

13. munish sharma says:

dear sir,
    i am enter the correct detail for fvu file but he show me that invalid detail part 1 and part 2 so what i can do
    please help me
    how download cons. file

14. S.THEGARAJAN says:

While downloading the TDS conolidated file every entry carefully entered and including Original Token there is a remark message shows invalid TOKEN NO. I sent a detailed mail to “contactus@tdscpc.gov.in” but no response from them. If any body advise in this regard what to do.

15. Sulata says:

How to download form 16a with correction statement.Because on the validation menu token number only for original statement.Pls help

16. nagakrishna says:

I have down loaded Form 16a,when i am trying to convert it to PDF using the utility what Traces mentioned.it is telling wrong Password ,eventhough i have given TAN number.

17. chitra sawant says:

When we fill the details for Download request for form 16A , after filling all the details correctly as mentioned by TRACES in Part I And Part II , Authetification code is not generated giving reason – Invalid details for Part I or Part II…so we are not able to process our request and facing this problem since 1-2 weeks ..though we have successfully downloaded Form 16A before that…or it is the problem of site itself . Contact Numbers are also not working…Kindly Advice

• ADV SAMEERKUMAR GUPTA says:

DEAR CHITRA SAWANT
      PL MENTION THE DETAILS REQUIRED IN PART A AND PART B CAREFULLY AND BE SURE YOU ARE MENTIONING ONLY THOSE DETAILS WHICH YOU HAVE ENTERED IN THE RETURN. PL BE SURE THAT YOU ARE MENTIONING THE PAN AND CORRESPONDING TDS FOR THE CHALLAN FOR WHCIH YOU HAVE PROIVIED THE DETAILS.

18. Hemant says:

In TRACE I veiw the 26AS for Online Credit of TDS dedcuted by Dedcutor. TRACE give two option for download PDF/TEXT and they have not given Grand Total of TDS Deducted by Deductor. In other word TRACE not given the Grand Total in last as NSDL given.

Cand anybody tell me How I can get the Grand total of 26AS from TRACE

19. Nitin says:

HI,
    Suppose if not downloaded from 16a on 31 jan13 for Q3 what whould be the impact?
    PLs clarify

regards

• ADV SAMEERKUMAR GUPTA says:

DEAR NITIN
      PL REMEMBER, GOVT ALSO KNEW THE ISSUE REGARDING THE DOWNLOADING OF FORM 16A FROM THE TRACES SITE, AND IT ALSO KNEW THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THE DEDUCTORS AND FACING BY THE DEDUCTOR, DONT WORRY THE DELAY WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE GOVT.

20. V.S.Govilkar says:

21. govind ram tiwari says:

dera sir –whenever i am trying to validate any salary file i am geting a comment of wrong date in challan status in 2nd step of validation.kindly direct me for the correction.

• ADV SAMEERKUMAR GUPTA says:

DEAR GOVIND RAM TIWARI
      PL CONVEY IN DETAILS WHICH RETURN WHETHER GOVT OR OTHER THAN GOVT TDS RETURN YOUR ARE TALKING ABOUT.??

22. R.Sridhar says:

Hi,
    Till today we unable to download Form16a file from the TRACES as it shows no data available as we have filed our returns for Q3 before Jan10,2013.
    Sridhar R

23. Jyoti Salian says:

While creating certificate, Utiliy is not selecting digital certificate stored in system.
    and what does Soft Token(digital Signature details) means ?? It is asking for Select P12 file.
    Please help to resolve this issue as wanted digitally signed PDF certificate.

24. javacream says:

Dear Sir,
    I have received a default notice in my TAN account for F.Y 2010-11 Q1, which shows me liable to pay inetrest of Rs.1000 on short deduction.
    Accordingly i have paid 100rs .
    My query is how my Default will be cancelled after i have made payment.
    Return is to be revised ?
    If yes, i have downloaded the fvu file, and also imported the file.
    But what are the things i ll require to change in the return.
    Please guide me.
    Soryy for my English..

25. Mohan says:

files.­tdscpc.­gov.­in/­tools/­TRACES-­PDF-­CONVERTERV1.­1.­zip

for download form 16A

26. I HAVE DOWNLOADED FORM 16A AS INSTRUCTED ON WEBSITE. WHILE ENTERING THE ZIP FILE IN PDF GENERATOR UTILITY MESSAGE “INPUT FILE IS TEMPERED” IS DISPLAYED. PC CONFIGURATIONS ARE JAVA 7 , WINDOWS XP WITH SP-3. PLEASE CLARIFY THE PROBLEM.

27. sipun Behera says:

please how to downloard pdf generation utility

• ADV SAMEERKUMAR GUPTA says:

dear sipun
      pl try to download the latest pdf converter utility from traces using download manager, for that pl first check the system configuration of your computer, it requires windows xp with sp-3, and java above 7 and internet explorer 7 and above,

28. PDF Generator V 1.1 does not have provision for signing using a DSC