CBDT has issued Circular 03/2011 on May 13, 2011 detailing new procedure of Issuance of TDS Certificates in Form No. 16A downloaded from TIN Website and option to authenticate the same by way of digital signature
|Download Form 16A from TIN Web Site||Optional||Mandatory for Companies and Banks. Optional for others|
|Digitally Sign Form 16A||Optional but only if downloaded from TIN Web site||Optional but only if downloaded from TIN Web site|
|Manually Issue TDS Certificate||All deductors can manually issue TDS Certificate||Companies and Banks cannot manually issue TDS Certificate|
TDS Certificates Form 16A for Financial Year 2011-12
- For the following categories of deductors, it is mandatory to download Form 16A from TIN Web Site and issue such downloaded certificates to deductees
- Co-operative society engaged in banking business
- For other deductors, it is optional to download Form 16A from TIN Web site
- Such downloaded TDS certificate will have a unique TDS Certificate Number
- This procedure is applicable for all deductions made on or after 01-04-2011
TDS Certificate Form 16A for Financial Year 2010-11
- Any deductor has option to download Form 16A from TIN Web site.
- It is not mandatory for any one
Digitally Signing Form 16A
- A deductor has option to digitally sign Form 16A .
- However this option is available only in respect of Form 16A downloaded from TIN Website.
- TDS Certificates not downloaded from TIN web site will have to be manually signed
Procedure and Format
- Director General of income-tax (Systems) shall specify the standards , procedure and format for issuing of TDS Certificates by way of downloading from TIN Web Site