CBDT has issued Notification No 11/2013 dated 19-2-2013 , which is being explained and analysed in this blog.
Furnishing of TDS Statement under digital signature
- Amendment in Rule 31A provides for submission of TDS return electronically under digital signature. It also states furnishing of statement alongwith verification of statement in Form 27A OR Verification through electronic process.
- Currently a very large percentage of TDS statements are filed by visiting TIN facilitation centres and carrying TDS statement in a CD/Pen drive alongwith a signed Form 27A.
- NSDL , has also provided for submission of return online under digital signature , but this requires prior registration.
- We have to wait for new guidelines for online submission under digital signature or verification through electronic process.
Form 26A for Certificate from accountant under section 201
- Under certain conditions, a deductor shall not be deemed to be assessee in default for non deduction of tax at source. One of the conditions is that such deductor will have to produce a certificate from accountant .
- Form 26A has been prescribed for this purpose.
- Director General of Income-tax (System) will specify the procedure , format and standards for furnishing of Form 26A
- We have to wait for new guidelines for submission and verification of Form 26A
New Form 26B for Claim for refund
- If any excess TDS is deposited, the claim for refund now can be filed by the deductor in newly inserted Form 26B.
- This form will have to be submitted electronically under digital signatures.
- Director General of Income-tax (System) will specify the procedure , format and standards for furnishing of Form 26B
Submission of certain details of amounts paid without deduction of tax at source
- Notification 56/2012 dated 31-12-2012 had provided for no deduction of tax at source for certain payments made to banks.
- The amended Rule provides for submission of details of such payments in TDS Statement.
- We have to wait for changes in data structure to be notified by NSDL.
Change in Forms
Changes have been notified in
- TDS/TCS Certificate : Forms 16,16A,27D
- TDS Statements : Forms 24Q,26Q,27Q and 27EQ
- Declarations for payments without TDS/TCS : Form 15G, 15H, 27C
We have to wait for changes in data structure to be notified by NSDL to give effect to this change. Detailed analysis of these changes will be discussed in a separate blog.