Home » Posts tagged 'Amended TDS certificate format'
Tag Archives: Amended TDS certificate format
It’s the start of Tax compliance Season and as with the last 3 quarters, there is a new FVU. NSDL came out with the latest utility on 25th April 2014 late evening
|Date Applicable from||FVU Version|
|From 26th April 2014||4.2 & 2.138|
|Till 25th April 2014||4.1 & 2.137|
Through the new FVU the following changes/validations have been brought in place:
Applicable Forms – 24Q
- A Deductor would now be able to file NIL returns for all years
- Since FVU 4.0, there was a lot of confusion on the filing on NIL returns
- It’s still not clear whether NIL returns need to submitted for other Forms
Unique Acknowledgement Number (UAN)
Applicable Forms – 27Q
- UAN refers to the acknowledgement received on successful filing of Form 15CA
- The new utility now allows a User to key in alphanumeric values from 12 to 15 characters
Validation in the absence of Deductee’s PAN
Applicable Forms – 24Q
- It’s well understood that, in case a Deductee doesn’t have a PAN, TDS needs to be deducted at higher of 20% or applicable rate.
- This point was not being checked till the previous FVU filings.
- Henceforth, the new Utility would now be validating this feature (i.e – If a Deductee does not have a PAN, and if the TDS deducted amount is less than 20%, the FVU would show an error
* Points expressed here are the Author’s interpretation. This cannot substitute Expert advice
Format of Form 16/16A , TDS certificate in respect of salary and other than salary payments have been amended vide Notification No 41/2010 Dated 31-05-2010. The changes were explained in detail in our bulletin issue of July 2010.
Thereafter on TIN web site, a new requirement has been prescribed in respect of Receipt Number. The same is explained in the following paragraphs
Summary of tax deducted at source in respect of deductee
The above part of Form 16A asks user to submit the following information
- Receipt Numbers of original quarterly statements of TDS under sub-section (3) of section 200
- Amount of tax deducted in respect of the deductee
- Amount of tax deposited/remitted in respect of the deductee
Similar information is asked about all the four quarters in respect of employee in Form 16
Provisional Receipt No
Till now, after submitting eTDS statement , a Provisional Receipt Number was allotted by TIN system. This is a 15 character numeric number. Provisional receipt number will be referred as Token no for the statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 and onwards.
- Receipt number to be quoted in Form 16/16A will be generated by TIN.
- Receipt number will be generated for the quarterly TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 and onwards uploaded to TIN.
- Receipt number generated will be of eight digits (alphabets) and will be applicable only for statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 and onwards.
- Eight digit receipt number can be obtained by viewing the status of the quarterly TDS/TCS statement at under Quarterly Statement Status feature available at TIN website
- Receipt number provided by TIN is in addition to the provisional receipt number provided on acceptance/upload of quarterly TDS/TCS statement.