Home » Posts tagged 'traces login'
Tag Archives: traces login
The process of registration and login on new web site TRACES is different from the earlier one on TIN web site.
Registration Process for a new User
The five steps required for registration are described below
- Enter TAN for which registration is required
- Enter either Token Number or TAN Registration Number (TRN). Token Number is the receipt number of an accepted regular statement filed on or after 01-04-2010. TRN is what was provided by TIN web site earlier during TAN registration on that site
- In case Token Number is entered in Step 1 , then you will have to provide File Hash Value or SAM Hash Value. Both are 20 digit number
- First 14 characters will be displayed in the text box. You need to complete it by inputting remaining 6 digits
- In this step the following need to be updated
- PAN of deductor,
- designation of authorized person
- Email and Phone numbers
- If PAN is available in TAN database, it will be displayed, else it needs to be updated
- Name and Father’s Name of Authorised person will be auto populated based on PAN and Date of Birth of authorized person entered in the provided text boxes
- Address will be populated from TAN database, but can be modified .
- Email and Phone numbers will be stored in TRACES database only. Apart from regular email ID and mobile number, an alternate email ID and mobile number is also to be updated
- Any modification in the address etc. will be only stored in TRACES and for permanent change of details , deductor need to request the same on TIN web site
- In this step, enter a UserID of your choice. Click on “Check Availability” to see if it is available
- Enter password of your choice
- A confirmation screen will show the values entered by you. You can edit if anything is incorrect else click Confirm
- On clicking Confirm, the process of registration will be over.
Registration Process for a User already registered on NSDL TIN Site
- A user already registered with NSDL TIN site is a migrated user
- Such users will have to first time login with user ID and password as used on TIN web site
- After successful login a few additional details which are not migrated will have to be updated
- Both new user and migrated user will have to activate the account
- Activation email will be sent at the email Id given during registration. An activation code will also be sent through sms on the registered mobile number
- The email will contain a link for activation and activation code. Click on the link
- An activation screen will appear and you need to enter User ID and activation code as sent through email and sms.
- On correct submission of values “Activation Successful” message will appear
- The activation must be done within 24 hours of registration. If not then you will have to register all over again
- Once activation is successful, you can login anytime with your user Id and password
For a smooth and hassle free registration , it is necessary to
- provide correct email ID and mobile number
- activate within 24 hours